MUSIC CARE TRAINING™
Music Care by Room 217’s 3-level standardized training in the theory and application of music in care settings will help train professional, volunteer and family caregivers to integrate music into regular practice. This training also acts as a gateway for other stakeholders wanting to use music as care.
Level 1 – Fundamentals of Music Care Theory and Context
Learn how to integrate music into your regular care practice with our standardMUSIC CARE TRAINING. All classes are currently being offeredonline only.
You will be able to:
- Describe the goals of music care and how they can be applied to care settings
- Discuss the context and impact of music care within a changing healthcare system
- Situate music care as an approach rather than a scope of practice
- Internalize the impact of rhythm, melody and timbre in care situations
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the impact of sound and music in a care space
- Show awareness of a range of music care resources and provide examples
- Utilize 10 music care strategies
- Build confidence using the voice as an instrument of care
- Develop a proposal for a music care initiative in a real-life care setting
Register here: https://www.musiccare.org/level-1—fundamentals-of-music-care-theory-and-context